Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: www.brownsfanshop.com

www.brownsfanshop.com 2 weeks 17 hours ago #445522

• liny195
BEREA Chris Hubbard Color Rush Jersey , Ohio (AP) — Baker Mayfield bravely stood in the pocket last week, held the ball — sometimes for too long — and took some punishing shots from the Los Angeles Chargers.He hasn’t recovered.Physically, he’s fine. Mentally, Cleveland’s quarterback hasn’t healed.“That is the worst loss that I have ever had,” Mayfield said Wednesday.For the first time this season, the Browns (2-3-1) weren’t competitive in Sunday’s 38-14 loss to the Chargers, and Mayfield looked like what he is: a rookie who is going to make mistakes and take some lumps from time to time.But as he and his teammates prepare to play at Tampa Bay on Sunday, the No. 1 overall pick is showing leadership and a resolve not to let it happen again. The Browns may soon find out how far they’ve come — or how far they’ve got to go.“Any loss like that hurts,” Mayfield said. “You have to push forward and just have to do your job, and you will find out what this team is made of. It is never about the week before or if you win or lose — it is how you react from it. Coming off of a loss, we will really see what this team is made of.”Mayfield’s third career pro start was one of the worst of his football life. He completed just 22 of 46 passes (48 percent) for 238 yards with two interceptions.For a player who completed 71 percent of his passes last season at Oklahoma and 69 percent over four years (the first at Texas Tech), Mayfield’s inaccuracy against the Chargers was an anomaly.It was the first time his completion rate was under 50 percent since Nov. 21, 2015, when he went 9 of 20 against TCU. However, he only played the first half of that game because of a concussion.Mayfield only twice completed less than 50 percent of his passes in 48 college games https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Seth-Devalve-Jersey , which is why he was so despondent about his performance last week.“Mathematically, which I think goes hand in hand with emotionally,” he said when asked why he called it his worst loss. “Just did not play well, plain and simple. No way around it. It was not fun.”Cleveland’s offensive line struggled to protect Mayfield, whose mobility was impacted when he slipped and tweaked his ankle while running out of bounds in the first quarter. The Chargers were able to keep Mayfield from rolling out and making plays.But perhaps more problematic was Mayfield missed open receivers, misread coverages and didn’t release the ball quickly enough. There were plays when a simple dump-off throw to a running back would have been a better option.“Kudos to them for doing their job,” Mayfield said of the Chargers. “They did it well. At the same time, if I get the ball out of my hands, then none of that really matters. It just comes down to me not doing my job to the best of my ability, plain and simple. There is no way around it. I have to be better for this team and be that for our offense.”Browns coach Hue Jackson was pleased to hear that Mayfield was accountable. However, it wasn’t entirely his fault as Cleveland’s receivers weren’t getting open and rookies Antonio Callaway and Damion Ratley didn’t make plays on deep balls that could have been touchdowns.Mayfield took the blame.Jackson spread it around.“We have to make sure that we are in the right spots for him all of the time,” Jackson said. “I think there were some opportunities there. As I said to our line coaches, we have to make sure that we give up ground grudgingly for this young man. I do not want people hitting our quarterback. He has been hit way too much in my mind and then he has to get the ball out of his hand.“I have seen some things where he can improve, but I have seen some things where the unit can improve more than anything.”NOTES: QB Tyrod Taylor, who lost his job to Mayfield when he suffered a concussion in Week 3 Kevin Zeitler Jersey , believes he can still be a winning NFL starter. The 29-year-old said he has not considered asking for a trade. “My mindset is to continue to keep helping this team,” Taylor said in his first extensive interview since getting hurt. “It’s a new role for me.” Taylor will be a free agent after the season, and Jackson expects him to finish it with the Browns. “Until someone tells me something differently,” Jackson said. “He is our backup quarterback.” … Starting C JC Tretter (ankle) did not practice, but Jackson thinks he’ll be ready for Sunday. If not, rookie Austin Corbett will start. CLEVELAND (1-1-1) at OAKLAND (0-3)Sunday, 4:05 p.m. ET, FoxOPENING LINE – Raiders by 2 1/2RECORD VS. SPREAD – Cleveland 3-0, Oakland 1-2SERIES RECORD – Raiders lead 14-10LAST MEETING – Raiders beat Browns 27-20, Sept. 27, 2015LAST WEEK – Browns beat Jets 21-17; Raiders lost 28-20 to DolphinsAP PRO32 RANKING – Browns No. 22, Raiders No. 31BROWNS OFFENSE – OVERALL (22), RUSH (5), PASS (27).BROWNS DEFENSE – OVERALL (13), RUSH (16) Joel Bitonio Color Rush Jersey , PASS (12).RAIDERS OFFENSE – OVERALL (6), RUSH (16), PASS (6).RAIDERS DEFENSE – OVERALL (20), RUSH (12), PASS (19).STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES – Browns coach Hue Jackson had same role in 2011 for Raiders, going 8-8. … Cleveland has second-best average drive start at 32.5 yard-line; Raiders worst at 22.3 yard line. … Browns ended 19-game winless streak with victory over Jets last week. Cleveland’s first victory since Dec. 24, 2016, ended NFL’s second-longest winless streak since 1970. … Cleveland’s seeking first consecutive wins since 2014 season. … Rookie QB Baker Mayfield set to make first career start. Top overall pick in this year’s draft came off bench and rallied Browns from 14-point deficit to beat Jets. … Mayfield went 17 of 23 for 201 yards in just more than half after Tyrod Taylor went out with concussion. … Mayfield is Cleveland’s 30th starting quarterback since 1999. … Browns’ defense leads NFL with 11 takeaways after getting league-low 13 in all of 2017. … RB Carlos Hyde’s four rushing TDs through three games are most for team since Hall of Famer Leroy Kelly’s four in 1971. … DE Myles Garrett leads team with four sacks and has 11 in 14 career games. … Browns starting DE Emmanuel Ogbah (ankle) and LB Christian Kirksey (ankle) both expected back after missing two games apiece. … Raiders have sixth-most yards and fifth-fewest points this season. … Oakland last in NFL with three sacks, tied for last with one takeaway. … Raiders have had 100-yard receiver each week with Jared Cook, Amari Cooper, Jordy Nelson all doing it. … Oakland outscored 37-3 in fourth quarter. Raiders led all three games at halftime. They’re second team in last 20 years to start 0-3 when leading all three at half. … Oakland lost back-to-back games leading after three quarters for first time since 2008. … Fantasy tip: Browns WR Jarvis Landry has at least seven catches and at least 100 yards receiving in two of three games. Landry has at least five catches in 20 straight games, tied for second-longest streak in league history.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds